History-Randolph Jewelersis proud to be the West's oldest continuously run jewelry store. Founder F.F. Barss arrived in Placerville in 1852 at the height of the gold rush. Barss and his son ran their jewelry business on Main Street until 1922, when it was sold to Mr. N.H. Burger. Burger and later his son, Leo, continued on until 1946 when they sold the store to Mr. William Randolph. Mr. Randolph operated the business until 1981 when he sold it to the current owner Charles Stephens. Mr. Stephens chose to retain the Randolph name because of its association with quality and integrity. Randolphs is known for excellent quality and value as well as friendly, knowlegeable service.
Over 160 years of:
Watch the slide show for a brief history of Randolph's Jewelers and the Town of Placerville